Saturday, May 24, 2008

Close to the Finish!!!

For the past two weeks, for a couple of hours a day, I have been working hard on getting my old bedroom set finished before my in-laws come the beginning of June. All I have left to do is a 2nd coat on the headboard and doing the gold accents on the headboard, desk, and one more dresser. Hopefully by the end of next week the bedroom set will be done and ready to enjoy for those who visit. Here are some pics of the finished dresser and the finished foot board. For those of you who know what my furniture did look like, you will notice a HUGE difference. I know I did. Tressa wanted to be my model, as you can see she has had a busy day.

Here is the foot board to the bed.



The dresser, we still need to clean the rust off of the handles before putting them on.



What do you think of the refinishing (keeping in mind that this was my first time ever refinishing something)?

3 comments:

Keli said...

Looks good! That stuff is so much work. It sucks when you get into it and realize all the teeny tiny nooks and crannies that take forever to get into. Nice job!

Tiff George said...

Holy cow - I think I remember these! What a fun project to work on, and I think it looks great. Way to go! Oh, and Tressa is a doll in these pics, by the way!

Tiona said...

It looks good! We'll have to come see it!