Monday, May 19, 2008

Vacation is Over!!

This past week, Ken had a week of vacation from the hospital. It was a much needed vacation; however, we did keep busy with house repairs, putting in our garden, landscaping and sanding and painting my bedroom furniture that I grew up with. Although, we may have put a lot of work into our week, we still managed to have some fun and relaxation.

We were going to go see Ken's family in Cincinnati, but with the gas prices here in Peoria at $3.95 we decided to have some fun at home. We would take Tressa to the park, take walks throughout the neighborhood, play MarioKart and other various activities. Last Friday, Ken and I actually got to have an official date. My friend offered to take Tressa for an afternoon. Ken took me to a nice steakhouse for lunch followed by a movie with snacks. It was fun to hang out with one another and to splurge on ourselves since we don't do it very often. I came to a conclusion that you can never go out on a date without talking about your children. Ken and I found ourselves talking about how Tressa is doing and how much fun she is. When we were walking around the mall, we saw a little play place, looked at each other and said Tressa would enjoy this. We walked into Barnes and Nobles the first section we looked at were children's books. It was hard to talk about something else we truly do love her and can't imagine our life without her. I know, I am a sap. On a good note, we did enjoy the time away.

Now that Ken's vacation is over, I have to get back to work doing my household duties, full of laundry, cleaning, mowing the lawn and painting my old furniture.

I hope that everyone had a great week.

1 comment:

traci said...

Jeff and I came to that conclussion as well, but we set a limit. He can talk about work and I can talk about the kids for a specified time. Then we're done. They might pop up in a conversation for a minute or two, but we don't spin it out.

It makes a big difference to leave it behind.