Monday, November 24, 2008

Weekend Highlights

We had a great weekend spending time as a family. We really don't get to hang out the four of us with Ken's schedule so it was well needed. Above is a picture of Tressa and the dessert she helped make last night for a treat. She was so proud of herself. She made a chocolate moose with vanilla wafers. It actually turned out to be DELICIOUS. Way to go Tressa!

Ken decided to give Katelyn a bath last night, guess who just had to get her hands in to help? That's right. Tressa. She had so much fun giving Katelyn a bath. I think she just loved to play in the bath water. Both my girls love the water, they must get it from their father.
I know, I know. You don't put up Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving. Let me explain, we thought since we would be out of town the weekend after Thanksgiving we would put the decorations up now. That way it will feel like Christmas when we get home. I just love Christmas especially the decorations and giving out presents. I love to see the smiles on our loved ones faces. You know the feeling. We had a great time decorating, especially now that Tressa is old enough to help and try to understand the meaning of Christmas. She just loves those candy canes on the tree. We keep telling her to leave them alone. What kid doesn't have a sweet tooth?
Here is a picture of my village. Ken's mom got me started on doing a Christmas village, so far I have 2 houses (on the ends), a lighthouse and a gas station. Every year after Christmas, I hit the sales for more village items. Hopefully some day my village will be the size of Colleen's.

I want to wish everyone a HAPPY THANKSGIVING this Thursday.

No comments: