Monday, November 3, 2008

Highlights from October!!!


So much has occurred in the month of October, it would take a novel to explain. So I will do it bullet style.

  • We have had so many different visitors come stay with us. Colleen came to help for a week and a half. Keli and her girls came for a few days. After having a week to myself to adjust to two kids, my mom and dad came the last two weeks of October. Then this past weekend we had 18 visitors come for Katelyn's blessing.
  • While my parents were here, we spent two days in Nauvoo, IL to attend the temple, explore Historic Nauvoo and to see Carthage jail. What a neat experience to walk where the pioneers walked and to see where our dear prophet, Joseph Smith, spent the last of his days on earth. I know that I enjoyed feeling the spirit and I know my parents felt it as well.
  • My parents and I took the girls on a field trip to the Wildlife Prairie Park. There we took a train ride, watched the bison and elk be fed and went to the petting farm. Tressa had a blast, she has been asking me all summer to go.
  • Most days we either went shopping for something or stayed in to clean or just relax.
  • Of course, for Halloween we took the girls Trick-or-treating and handed out some candy.
  • Last Saturday, we spent the day getting ready for visitors to arrive and for the blessing.
  • Yesterday, we had Katelyn blessed. Followed by a feast of chicken salsa chili, chicken rice soup, beef stew, french bread (courtesy of Tiona), rolls and yummy desserts.
I want to thank everyone who came for the special occassion, we really appreciate your love and support. We really enjoyed having my mom and dad come out to see us in Peoria. I hope that they had a fun time and a safe travel home.

FYI: I apologize for not having any pictures from the blessing. It turns out that the pictures I took with my camera didn't work, because well I didn't have my memory card in the camera. OOPS!!! I will post some as soon as I can.

No comments: