Monday, October 20, 2008

Halloween Fun

Tressa and Katelyn in their costumes

Our weekend was full of fun and getting through 4 colds. That's right, we are all sick with the cold including little Katelyn with her runny nose. Although something fun came out of this weekend. On Friday night, our ward threw a Halloween party. It was filled with game booths, face painting, donut-on-a-string contest (which by the way I beat my friend and tied with the other). There was also a carving pumpkin contest that my friend, Amy, and I participated in and won first prize. Our pumpkin was a carving of castlevania. It turned out really well that we were impressed with ourselves. They also had trick-or-treating set up for the little kids to go around the halls and collect candy. Tressa dressed up as a little purple pixie and Katelyn went in her pumpkin onesie. I went as the official candy taster and Ken went as a (bet you can't guess) a doctor. We had some great fun and needed the night out after being cooped up in the house with a newborn.

The rest of the weekend, we laid around the house trying to cure our common colds. Now on my agenda is to get my house clean and ready for my mom and dad to come tomorrow. We are really excited to see them and can' t wait to have some fun. I know Tressa is really looking forward to it.
My friend and I competing with donuts.
Tressa with her trick-or-treat candy.

1 comment:

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend. Tressa's costume is so cute!