Monday, November 17, 2008

Best of Times, Worst of Times

This past weekend to me has been the best of times and the worst of times. It all started Friday morning with Ken having some gastric issues. While he was home resting with a bowl next to him and being close to the bathroom, the girls and I decided to go to playgroup and then have lunch at McDonald's with a playplace. When I got home, he was still where I had left him. That evening, he was sweet enough to let me go out with the girls (some friends in my ward) to dinner and then to Amy's house to play some Wii. I left Tressa with Ken and took Katelyn with me. I had a blast. It is always nice to somewhat get away from the kids and the responsibilities I have at home. Little did I know the weekend was only going to get worse.

Saturday, Ken still wasn't feeling well. The house was a wreck, which is not like me at all for those who know me. I am a Clean Freak. So later that afternoon, we decided to get some fresh air and do some Christmas shopping. It is amazing how many people are out this early starting their shopping for the holidays. We ended up getting Tressa a few things and then wishing for stuff that we will never get, i.e. a plasma flat screen TV.

Sunday morning, Tressa woke up at 5:00 in the morning complaining of monsters, before long she was up vomiting throughout most the morning. She couldn't keep anything down. The whole family stayed home from church. We ended up watching movies and eating crackers. It was not fun at all to sit at home with everyone sick but you. That's right, Katelyn also had some runny diapers and a little bit of throw up. In the end, we made it through. Ken is on call today and won't be home until the morning. So I am the one who will be dealing with Tressa who still is throwing up and telling me her stomach hurts. Katelyn, well, I will be changing a lot of diapers. Wish me luck. Hopefully, I can squeeze in some z's throughout today and tonight just to get me by.

3 comments:

Tiona said...

not fun at all! Having sick family is not fun. Good luck!

I'm excited to see you next week! You're coming, right?

grannybabs said...

My niece in California posted a similar kind of weekend.

And I will say to you what I said to her - I'm glad I'm 63 and not 36 or something and dealing with sick kids.

But I will tell you that it will all pass and you will survive.

I'm just going to go take some Advil for my creaky joints!!

Michelle said...

Yes we are still coming for Thanksgiving. We are excited to see everyone.