Thursday, December 4, 2008

I am a slacker!!

I apologize that I haven't blogged in a while. The past couple of weeks have been busy with our trip out to Cincinnati for Thanksgiving, Katelyn's 2 month appointment and me getting into the book series Twilight.

Last Wednesday, we were able to go to Cincinnati for the holidays. We arrived in late that evening with all the stops that come with kids. Those who have kids understand. Thanksgiving was a blast, of course, they ate a lot of turkey, desserts and played a lot of Wii. I, on the other hand, did not stuff myself with turkey. Yuck!!! Thanks to Colleen, she did make ham for those who did not want or like turkey. For dessert, Colleen and Tiona slaved over a hot stove making the following: pumpkin pie, chocolate peanut butter pie, pumpkin cake with whip topping, chocolate chip cookies, caramel brownies and to top it off cheesecake. Of course we had to have a little slice of everything. It was all delicious.

Friday, everyone (except for Colleen, the girls and me) got up at 4 in the morning to hit all the sales. People are crazy for going out on Black Friday. Kudos to those who fought the crowds. However, they were successful in getting the shopping done they needed. Throughout all of Friday, we continued our shopping for Christmas.

Saturday, I went and saw 'Twilight' without ever reading the books. I thoroughly enjoyed it. So I just had to start reading the series. On Monday, after arriving home late Sunday (at 1:00 am to be exact), I went to Kroger and bought the first book. I am totally hooked. So these past couple of days I have read the first book and I am now half way through the sequel.

For those who want to know how Katelyn is doing, she is now weighing in at 13 lbs. 7 oz. and 23 inches long. She got 3 shots in the leg and 1 orally. She did farely well with her shots. She is starting to coo at you and smile (which just melts your heart), follow sounds with her eyes and developing on track.

I hope that everyone had a WONDERFUL and HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Now on to the season of giving, CHRISTMAS!! My favorite time of year.

On a side note, I just wanted to wish my brother, Sean, a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY today!!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi, I just wrote you an email. Please let me know if you didn't get it, and I can resend it.
PS I love your new wallpaper for this blog! Very festive!!

Keli said...

Hey! Will you email me your address? Thanks!

keli dot clayton at gmail dot com