Monday, December 15, 2008

Tis the Season.....

We have had a great time this past weekend spending it as a family. Friday night, we had our Ward Christmas party. The cultural hall was nicely decorated courtesy of the activity committee. They served Rosemary Garlic potatoes, ham and Garlic green beans with rolls. The youth served up our meals wearing black pants, a white shirt and some wore Santa hats. Santa Claus made an appearance for the first part of the party. Tressa and Katelyn were able to sit with Santa and tell him what they wanted for Christmas. Well, Tressa was the one who told Santa what she wanted and this was how the conversation went:

Santa: what do you want for Christmas this year?

Tressa: A Plasma TV. Gee I wonder where she got that idea from. Ken.

Saturday night, we went to see the Festival of Lights. Every year for the past 24 years, different companies sponsor a float decorated with just lights. Every Thanksgiving weekend, they have the Parade of Lights where of course they parade their floats. Following the parade they have the floats on display in a park in East Peoria. It cost $10 per car or van to go in. It is about a 30 minutes drive through the park to see the lights. What an amazing view. We had a lot of fun looking at the creative and time consuming floats. Wow there are talented people out there. Here is a preview of what we saw, enjoy the slide show.

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

Fun Christmas decor! Sounds like you've had a good weekend. I love the comment about the plasma TV!

Tiff George said...

What a fun weekend! I like the idea of driving through in your vehicle to see the lights...at least you can stay warm that way! Our ward didn't have Santa show up at our party, and I was so bummed because Braiden is finally old enough to know who he is and like him. I'm just not sure if I'm willing to brave the crowds at the mall to bring him to see Santa! Love the pics of the floats.

Tiff George said...

Oh, and I haven't seen the twilight movie yet (I know...shame on me!), but I loved the books. They're something I'm glad I read because they were intriguing, but I don't need to read them again for a while. But I've heard the movie is awesome, and once we're settled in a little more, I can't wait to see it!

kevin and angie said...

I love how Christmas-y your blog is!! I love your tree and all your Christmas stuff!! Ya know, I read the first 2 twilight books, the 2nd one really dragged for me and i had a hard time getting through it!! But I am thinking I should go ahead and try the next one... haven't seen the movie yet though!! I love those pictures you have of the lights, amazing!!!

The Royal Family said...

WOW cool pics of the lights. . that would be fun to see...