Monday, February 23, 2009

Family Fun

This past weekend, we were able to spend time as a family and I was able to have a break from kids, husband and household chores.

Saturday morning we cleaned the house and did our chores. That afternoon a group of residents from the hospital and their families had a cosmic bowling party. We reserved 3 lanes, one with bumpers for the kiddies. We had a blast. It was fun taking Tressa bowling for her first time. Either Ken or I had to help her with her 6 lb. ball and help her push it down the lane. The first time she dropped the ball and then tried to kick it down the lane. The second time she would lay down on her belly and try to push it. We, of course, had to add our little push to the ball to make it down the lane.

In the end, Tressa went home with a bowling pin trophy that says

Children's
High Game
TRESSA
#1


She was so proud of it. Ken also received a trophy that says:

Resident
High Game
KEN

That evening, Ken was a trooper and watched the girls for me, while I went out with a couple of close friends to see the movie, "Confessions of a SHOPAHOLIC". It was a fun, lighthearted movie that you just could sit and enjoy and not have to think. Then one of my friends and I went to the grocery store to pick up a few items for the next day. It was a day filled of fun that I haven't had in awhile, very therapeutic.

No comments: