Wednesday, April 30, 2008

It's been a while!!

Sorry that I have not posted in about a week. Things have been pretty crazy these days with potty training, yard work, pregnancy sickness and a cold on top of it with no time to rest.

Last week, we attempted to potty train Tressa. She did great the first day. I think she tinkled once but very little. The next day, we tried again for part of the day. Everything was going okay until she started to get restless and would cry when you mentioned the toilet. We don't want to dramatize her so we are going to hold off for a few weeks and try again. Hopefully, the second time will be the charm, not the third.

As for my pregnancy, at the last doctor's appointment my doctor told me that I have not gained any weight so far in this pregnancy (I have actually lost 4 lbs.). She said that if I have not gained at the next visit (which is a week from today) that she will put me on liquid supplements. So Ken has been trying to make me eat more high calorie foods. Not much luck with eating when for the past week I am down with a cold. Having a cold really stinks when you're pregnant, because there is nothing you to take to treat a cold. Wish me luck next week, I really don't want to go on liquid supplements. Other than that, the baby's heart rate is wonderful and everything with the baby is going well.

FYI: On June 5th, I find out what we are having. So I am taking a poll. What do you think we are going to have? It would be great to hear what you guys think.

Have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Hmmm... I think it will be another girl.

MikeG Family said...

Ugh - sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well, and that you've been losing weight. Good luck with all of that, let us know how your Dr's appt goes. As far as the gender of your child, I'm guessing a boy!

Keli said...

I say good for you for not gaining anything. It never fails for me, after the 20th week, I start packing on the pounds. As long as you're healthy and the baby's healthy, that's what matters.

We need more boys to even the score, so I'm saying boy.

I'm always wrong.

Kevin Lewis said...

Eat hot dogs and you'll gain the weight you need! ;) I'm putting my vote in on a boy... there's never enough Richards boys in the family.