Monday, April 14, 2008

Generosity!

Uncle Sam was very generous this year with our taxes. However, there is always a twist, we as citizens are asked to give our time to the court system.

That's right. I have been summoned for jury duty the week of May 5th. This is the first time that I have been summoned to do it and I don't know what to expect, but I will have a full report for you when it is over. I just hope that no judge or lawyer will pick me for trial because of Ken's schedule and getting babysitters for Tressa would be impossible. Luckily, we live in the quiet little city of Peoria where there is hardly any crime that goes to trial. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Keli said...

Eh, I wouldn't be too worried. A conservative Mormon pregnant residents wife doesn't seem like an ideal juror to me.

Reading Family said...

I totally understand what you mean. I too have been summoned for jury duty for the entire month of June. I'm hoping that they don't end up chosing me. Good luck with not getting picked!