Friday, April 18, 2008

Who would have thought?

Who would have thought that in the Midwest earthquakes occur. That's right. This morning at 4:37 a.m. there was an earthquake (5.4 on the scale) in West Salem, IL just about 230 miles south of Chicago IL, close to the Indiana border across from St. Louis, MO.

I woke up this morning with my bed shaking, my drawer handles clinging against my dresser and me shaking. It lasted for about a minute. (FYI: Tressa slept right through it.) I turned on the TV immediately to learn that it was a tremor. According to the news there was no damage in Peoria or Chicago. However, our former city, Louisville, KY, had some damage. The last tremor that I experienced was in Utah when I was in the 5th grade.

We are all okay. No damages done.

3 comments:

Keli said...

I felt it all the way up here! I just felt tiny vibrations, though. I'm glad you guys are okay. Did Ken feel it at the hospital?

Michelle said...

Yeah, he did. Ken said he was sitting in a rolling chair and he was rolling side to side and back and forth.

Kirsten said...

That is insane that you had an earthquake in illinois. I didn't know it was even possible. Who would have thought. Also, good luck with the toilet training. I wish I had any good advice. Keep us posted maybe I can learn a few things, since so far it is by far my least favorite thing about motherhood, but it does beat changing diapers (most of the time).