Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Our trip to Nauvoo

Last weekend we were lucky to have my cousin and her family come visit from Indianapolis for a few days. We sure had a lot of fun. I needed a vacation after our vacation. We hardly got any sleep. We were either on the go or just stayed up talking with each other all hours of the night.

Friday night after our BBQ, we headed out to Nauvoo. There we spent the night in the Family Inn and Suites. We were able to go swimming in the pool. Tressa had a great time, she was so excited to be able to swim. I think Tracy and her family had fun in the pool too.

Saturday morning, Ken and I were able to go through the Nauvoo Temple. It was nice to be together and to renew our covenants with our Savior. Tracy and her husband were nice enough to babysit the girls while we went. We did them a favor by watching their kids while they went through.

Saturday afternoon, we spent the time taking a wagon ride around Old Nauvoo. It was a nice cover from the rain. Following the wagon ride, we headed to Carthage, where we were able to take a short tour through the Carthage jail. We got back late Saturday night and Sunday we went to church. Before they left we had a filling dinner and a yummy dessert. By Sunday evening, we were all tired out, especially Tressa. We let her have popcorn and watch a movie in her toy room. When I went in to check on her, this is what I saw. It made my day.

Thanks Tracy and Jeff for coming out to visit. We had a great time. You are welcome back anytime. We enjoyed your company. I hope that everyone had a great weekend.

I want to congratulate my Mom and Dad on their 36th wedding anniversary (April 19th).

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! We love you.

2 comments:

grannybabs said...

Donna had told me their anniversary was the 16th - which is Traci's b-day. Instead it looks like it's on Eliza's b-day instead. (Or more accurately, Eliza was born on their anniversary!)

The Royal Family said...

I love Nauvoo! Happy Anniversary to your parents.
Thanks for the congrats we are excited and your easter pictures with matching dresses came to mind as soon as we learned we were having a second girl, so i'm excited..

We have a first name, we are trying to come up with a middle name, for the big reveal.