Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Conclusion of our Trip

The conclusion of our trip out to Utah and California. Here are the highlights:

Aug 7th:
  • Aunt Joan, Donna, my Mom and I spent the afternoon at the movies, "Julie & Julia". For those of you who like Julia Child, you would love it. Meryl Streep did a fantastic job.
  • Aunt Donna and I spent the evening watching little kids, while others went to a baseball game and my parents met up with one of my Dad's old friends for dinner.
Aug 8th:
  • The whole family went to Huntington Beach for our Annual Clayton Reunion.
  • We enjoyed visiting with family I haven't seen in a long time.
  • Tressa, my Mom and Dad and I had a great time playing in or near the ocean and the sand.
  • We roasted hot dogs and s'mores in the fire pit.
  • We also had fun looking for and collecting seashells. I remember doing that as a child with my Mom whenever we would go to the beach.
Tressa as a mermaid.
"Shark Attack!"
Have you ever seen an octopus with seaweed hair?

Aug 9th:
  • We headed home to Utah. Before we left L.A., we went to visit my brother's, Aaron, grave.
  • On the way, we stopped in St. George to visit with Ken's Grandma Avery and her husband, Lorraine.
  • They treated us to dinner at Chuck-a-Rama.
Me and my girls with Grandma Clayton.
My brother's grave site.
GiGi (Colleen's Mom)

Aug 10th:
  • I spent the afternoon doing laundry and packing for our journey back home to Peoria the following day.
  • In the evening, Tressa, Katelyn and I were able to go out to dinner with my good friend, Melissa, and her husband, Rhen.
  • For the rest of the evening, I went with my Mom to see Harry Potter. I think that one had to be one of my favorites.
Tressa and Katelyn with Uncle Spencer.
Aug 11th:
  • My Mom and I woke up early to attend the temple. What a joy it is to have a temple within five minutes of your house.
  • Early afternoon, we caught our flight home.
So long, farewell. We will see you next year.

Thank you Mom and Dad for letting us stay with you and visit. We love you. We always enjoy going to Utah and seeing how much it has changed. I am looking forward to our next annual trip.

4 comments:

The Royal Family said...

I long for the beach, cute pics and cute first day of preschool pics. They grow too fast!!!

Leslie said...

It was so good to see you, Michelle. Please come visit us any time. Love, Aunt Leslie

kevin and angie said...

what a fun trip!!! i love your parents.. how fun that you got to go vacation with them!!!

grannybabs said...

It was great to see you!!