Monday, August 24, 2009

Week 2 of our vacation!

We started our second week on vacation celebrating my Dad's 60th Birthday!! Sean, Keli and the girls arrived late the night before from California. They came to Utah for Keli's father's wedding. It was great to see them and let the little ones play. We spent my Dad's day at Hogle Zoo with half of his grandkids. (We missed Bryan, Mike and their families. If they are reading this: We wish that you were there with us.) It was a really nice, not to hot day for enjoying the outdoors and a picnic lunch.

Later that evening, we had a BBQ for my Dad's birthday and those who had just recently celebrated (Tressa) and those who begin in August (Me, Emma and Keli). My Uncle Lynn and Aunt Rosanne were able to come up from Payson for dessert and presents. It was great seeing them and catching up.

Happy 60th!!!
Happy Birthday Keli!!
Happy 10th!!
Happy 3rd!!

On July 29th, we spent the afternoon indoors at the theaters to see "UP". I thoroughly enjoyed it and so did Tressa. It is unlike her to sit through an entire movie without having the wiggles. From what my mom said, she did pretty good. Katelyn on the other hand wanted to get down and crawl and eat. So I sat in the front rows away from everyone to keep her happy so the others could enjoy the show. I recommend it to anyone.

On July 30th, Sean and Keli invited me, the girls and my parents to spend the day with them at Lagoon for Emma's 10th Birthday. We went for the afternoon. Tressa had a blast at Lagoon-a-Beach until she was knocked over by 12 years old going down the waterslide as she was trying to go back up it (like kids do on the playground at the park, however, this was no park). She was a little shaken up, but I had her get back in the water so she wouldn't be afraid. We spent late afternoon and early evening riding on the kiddie rides. Tressa had a great time going from ride to ride. I can't wait to take her to Disneyland. She thought Lagoon was fun I couldn't wait to see her face at Disneyland.

July 31st, my Mom and I took Tressa to see the inside of the temple. We went to the Oquirrh Temple Open House. She was curious, every room we walked through she would ask, "What is this or that?". At the end of the tour I asked her what she enjoyed the most. She responded, "the COOKIE!!" At the very end, they had a refreshment tent. Before we left to go home, we stood in front of the temple and took pictures. In the afternoon, Tressa went swimming with Grandpa, while Katelyn and I stayed to visit with Kristen. Later that evening, I went back with Tressa and Katelyn to Jared and Kristen's house to play with the cousins and to visit. We had a great time.

August 1st, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ME and EMMA!! I turned the big 27 and Emma the big 10. I spent the day helping my mom clean and cook for the party. My Dad took me and Tressa to Taco Time for lunch. Family came over that evening for a broccoli chicken over rice and veggies. Emma and I each had our own cake and candles. It is always fun to share my birthday with a niece.
August 2nd, we went to my ward that I had grown up in. It was great to see my old Young Women leaders and Primary teachers.

August 3rd, we spent the day playing in the toy room and outside. Later that evening we cleaned the house, did laundry, went grocery shopping and packed for California. We are heading out early in the morning.

Stay tuned for the conclusion of our trip to Utah and California. I hope that everyone had a great weekend.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Looks like fun! We love summer birthdays around here:)! Hope you guys are doing well. We miss everyone and the good old days back in Louisville, I'll have to be better about checking blogs and starting my own:). Send our love to everyone!