Thursday, August 20, 2009

First week of our vacation in Utah

On July 21st, Tressa, Katelyn and I left from Chicago to Salt Lake City for a 3 week vacation to visit family. My friend, Mary, was kind enough to take us to the Chicago MDW Airport, where we took a direct flight (love direct flights when you're alone with 2 young ones). I can't complain though, my girls did an excellent job traveling. Tressa stayed by my side the whole time and both of them did really well on the plane. I received several compliments from passengers.

My Dad was there to pick us up in my Mom's new Lexus. When I got to my parents' house, my Aunt Leslie (from Kansas City), Uncle Tom and their daughter, Ellen, were there spending the night. Also, my Uncle Richard and Aunt Julie came to visit with Leslie and Tom. It was great to see some relatives I haven't seen in years.

Wednesday (July 22nd) we hung out with my Dad in the morning before he left for the temple. In the evening, my Mom came home from her class and we chatted over a taco salad dinner. That evening, she had some sisters from the ward over for book group.

Thursday and Friday (July 23rd to July 24th), Tressa had her first sleepover with her cousins Abbey (5) and Claire (3). They spent most the day playing down in the toy room and in my parents' backyard. My parents have the coolest playground, Tressa kept calling it the park. I asked her one day what the name of the park should be, she answered, "the Barbie park". When night came, they sat in little chairs with their popcorn and watched a Barbie movie (Tressa's new love of movies= the Barbie movies). Trying to get them to go to bed was hard. Tressa kept talking to them and they would tell her they were trying to sleep. Eventually, they were out like a light. All day Friday was spent, again, down in the toy room or outside.

Friday night, we celebrated Pioneer day with a family BBQ. Spencer was down for the weekend from Logan, Jared and Kristen came with Jacob to eat and pick up the girls. We had a delicious dinner outside on the patio.

Saturday (July 25th) brought much joy and excitement to Tressa. As you know, Tressa has a love for dinosaurs, so my parents decided to take us to the Dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. I will sum up Tressa's whole day into one word "heaven". At every turn she would point to the next dinosaur with smiles. It was great to see her have so much fun. Here are some pictures.

Tressa with Grandma

Tressa watching through the window at the employees working on the dinosaur bones.

What a grin?
"Watch out!!!"

Sunday (July 26th) I was able to attend my cousin's (AJ) farewell. He left for his mission to Charlotte, NC. It was great to see him and his family. I will see his parents again in California for the family reunion.

Monday (July 27th) was a day full of shopping, going out for ice cream and swimming in the pool out back. Tressa and Katelyn had fun splashing and swimming on a hot day. Katelyn after a while climbed out of the pool and crawled around on the grass. My roommate from college, Carolyn, came over to visit with us and to meet my little girls. She also was kind enough to help me make dinner and stay to help eat it.


Well there is our first week of fun. Stay tune for tomorrow for week 2 of our vacation to Utah.

2 comments:

The Royal Family said...

looks like you had fun!

grannybabs said...

It was great to see you - when I lived in Utah, I used to go down to California every summer for 3 weeks to visit with family.

Then everyone seemed to move to Utah - and we moved to California!!