Saturday, September 15, 2007

I didn't think it would happen to me.

I know as a mother, we experience things that normally you think wouldn't happen to you. I had one of those experiences last night. Yesterday, Tressa had a fever of 100.6 and it kept climbing. We switched between Tylenol and Ibuprofen every couple of hours to help the fever go down. However, it kept climbing. Before dinner she was at 102.3. I am thinking to myself this is going to be a long night. Around 7:00 we had Ken's interns over for a BBQ and games. I was surprised that Tressa went down at bedtime, expecting her to sleep through the night. What I wanted didn't happen. About a half hour before the interns left Tressa woke up. Now I am thinking to myself, "this is going to be a long night". I told Ken we should go rent some movies at Blockbuster. We pack up Tressa and go to the movie store with no diaper bag. Bad idea.

While we were walking around looking at movies, Tressa was making these burping noises, the type you here before throwing up. Yup, you guessed it. Before long out comes the pacifier, Hello food chunks. She throw up all over the front of me. I got the most out of the experience. What was worse is the movie store didn't have bathroom at all. (Isn't that illegal :) )All the way home I was thinking to myself, "I thought it would never happen to me". But you know what this won't be the last either. If you want to know, Tressa didn't crash until around 3 in the morning. Oh what a night.

2 comments:

Keli said...

Ha ha ha. I'm seriously laughing, not because it happened, but because it's so true! It's always somewhere public, with no bathrooms, and the mom's always take the brunt of it. So sorry. But now you have your first one under your belt. There will be many, many more to come. Is she better?

traci said...

Funny. Sorry it had to happen to you. I've started leaving the diaper bag in the van and even restock it in the van because I always get caught without it when I needed it most!!!